If you have decided to purchase a kitten in our cattery, carefully read a kitten terms of receipt:
1) The kitten shall be deemed reserved only after making a deposit.
The deposit is non-refundable and is considered a compensation for upkeep of the kitten and lost opportunities for its sale.
The kitten need to be paid in full before shipping, delivery or pick up.
The kitten will be ready to go to a new home at the age of 4 months.
If after that the Buyer does not pick up the kitten from our cattery for two weeks, in this case the kitten becomes available for sale, and the deposit will not be returned.
2) It should be understood that the degree of hairlessness of sphynx depends on many factors.
Sphynx is not a rubber cat, but only has the appearance of hairlessness. There are hair follicles in Canadian Sphynx cats. Hormones, climate and genetics play an important role in the animal hairlessness. Even if the Canadian Sphynx kitten is hairless during transfer, some pubescence may develop in the future. The Breeder can not guarantee that the Canadian Sphynx kitten will have no pubescence in the future.
3) The Breeder shall not be liable for the loss of the animal’s qualities through the fault of the Buyer or emergency situations (accident, consequences of serious illness, inappropriate upkeep, food, etc.). Quality assessment is made at the time of the animal transfer.
4) The Breeder shall:
upon request and at the expense of the Buyer, before sending the kitten to the house of the Buyer, invite experts from the laboratory to the house for assaying the kitten in terms of all infections the Buyer is concerned in.
In case of positive tests for the deadly diseases – FIP, FIV, FELV, the Breeder shall return the sum of money paid to the Buyer for the right of brood use of the animal in full. Claims for positive tests for viruses, including Coronavirus shall not be considered if there is no clinical picture of the disease. Animals of Vintage Sphynx Cattery are vaccinated with Nobivac Tricat Trio attenuated vaccine. Cats vaccinated with the attenuated vaccine produce mean titers of antibodies that are held at this level for at least 4 years (R.M. Gaskell, M. Bennett “Handbook of infectious diseases of cats and dogs”).
5) The Breeder shall not be responsible for any subsequently acquired viral, bacterial and other diseases. By getting an animal, the Buyer shall be aware of his actions, understand that he receives a living being, which may be subject to internal and external aggressive influences, accepts the fact that high-breed animals do not have a strong natural immunity and failure to comply with the regime of upkeep, quarantine, feeding, routine vaccination, medical veterinary care, etc. may cause harm to the health and life of the kitten; the responsibility for this shall be fully borne by the Buyer.
6) We prefer that you come for the kitten in person, so the Breeder shall not be responsible for the quality of cargo transportation or delivery of animals by a courier and consequences associated with transportation.
7) If the animal is sent by cargo and/or a courier, the Buyer shall take responsibility for costs thereof, due to stress and physiological characteristics of high-breed cats and shall take measures to eliminate them, if necessary, guided by the advices of the Breeder.
8) The Buyer in the presence of the Breeder (or video, if the animal can not be inspected personally) has examined the eyes, ears, mucous membranes of the mouth, anus, skin integument and tail, witnessed their normal condition, and is satisfied with the inspection. The Buyer acknowledges and confirms that the kitten at the time of transfer is visually clinically healthy. The Buyer has no claims to the Breeder for the kitten’s health at the time of receipt.
9) The breeder shall:
In case of finding a genetic disease of the kitten incompatible with life within 1 year from the date of receipt, in case the Buyer provides a photo of the corpse, the Act of necropsy, the Protocol of necropsy recorded on the disc and the respective veterinary documents (evidences only from the competent specialists of the leading clinics and laboratories with official recognition at the international level chosen as agreed with the Breeder shall be accepted), confirming the diagnosis, replace the animal to another of the same sex and quality. The costs associated with the animal replacement shall be paid by the Buyer.
10) Kitten parents are tested and free of HCM.
The Breeder shall provide the guarantee for the animal replacement in case of a positive diagnosis of the animal for HCM at the age of 1 year. But only BEFORE the birth of the first kittens. The etiology of primary cardiomyopathies today is not fully understood. HCM disease in cats is complex, it may be caused by a number of factors: hereditary diseases, viral diseases, autoimmune mechanisms, biochemical disturbances and fodder deficit (e.g. of taurine) can be involved in the development of cardiomyopathy. In case HCM is found in kittens in the age of 1 year, the Buyer shall notify the Breeder and provide a second HCM test (tests only from the licensed cardiologists of the leading clinics with official recognition at the international level chosen as agreed with the Breeder shall be accepted). In case of confirmation of the diagnosis, the Buyer shall at his own expense castrate/sterilize the animal and get another animal of the same sex and quality as replacement. The costs associated with the replacement of the animal shall be paid by the Buyer.
11) The Breeder provides the guarantee for reproduction:
- If upon reaching the reproductive age by the animal, it is found that it is not able to reproduce because of abnormalities genetically determined or acquired in utero, upon providing by the Buyer of the relevant veterinary documents (evidences only from the competent specialists of the leading clinics and laboratories with official recognition at the international level chosen as agreed with the Breeder shall be accepted), confirming the diagnosis, after the operation of sterilization/castration at the expense of the Buyer, replace a handicapped animal to another of the same sex and quality.
12) Inability of the animal to reproduce shall be established by a reproductologist in the Reproduction Center (evidences only from the competent specialists of the leading clinics and laboratories with official recognition at the international level chosen as agreed with the Breeder shall be accepted).
The examination for reproduction shall include:
- Inspection and conclusion of a reproductologist;
- Cytological analysis of vaginal discharge;
- Ultrasonic examination of the genitourinary system;
- Tests for the presence of chronic viral infections (viral immunodeficiency, viral leukemia, infectious peritonitis, ureaplasmosis, clamidiosis, mycoplasmosis, toxoplasmosis, campylobacteriosis);
- Spermogram for cats.
13) The Buyer shall:
- keep the animal in quarantine for 14 days;
The Buyer understands and agrees that cats can be carriers of viruses of feline calicivirus, rhinotracheitis (herpes), coronavirus, clamidiosis, mycoplasmosis, etc. Canadian Sphynx cats are breeded by fixed mutation that causes lack of hair, so the breed has no strong natural immunity. The animal may experience stress from relocation, change of habitat, which leads to a reduced immunity.
The Buyer agrees to make no claims on the animal health to the Breeder and provide assistance to the animal under the guidance of the Breeder, if necessary.
The Buyer understands and agrees that at the time of transfer the animal is clinically healthy, as evidenced by a certificate of health.
The Buyer understands and agrees that the Breeder is interested in participation of the animal in breeding in the Buyer’s cattery, and the Buyer during the inspection (or video) of the animal, as well as on the basis of a certificate of health, has made sure and agrees that Breeder has taken all necessary actions to preserve the animal health in Vintage Sphynx Cattery.
The Buyer agrees that the Breeder’s responsibility for the animal health ends at the time of the animal transfer to the Buyer, a courier or an air carrier (cargo), and the claims of the Buyer for animal health can not be accepted since that time, including in case of the animal’s disease in the quarantine period.
14) In case of any questions, ask the Breeder for clarification and follow its recommendations;
- In case of any problems with the animal, which subsequently could lead to a dispute between the parties, notify the Breeder in the first place.
Upon request of the Breeder, the Buyer shall provide videos of the animal, and video support (for identification of the animal) in clinics in case of repeated examinations, if the Breeder can not attend the examination personally;
- Never use unverified information from incompetent sources (Internet, other breeders of this breed, or people who consider themselves as such, and so on) for the provision of veterinary care, or selection of the program on upkeep and/or feeding of a particular animal. This information will be provided in full by the Breeder upon request of the Buyer.
If the Buyer fails to comply with the Breeder’s recommendations, the latter shall not be liable for the the harm caused to the animal.
15) The Buyer shall have the right to return the animal to the Breeder in any period since receipt with the preliminary agreement of the fact and term of return, but without receipt of the amount of money previously paid for the transfer of rights for the breeding purpose, and with no compensation for its upkeep.
16) Payment for the transfer of rights for the breeding purpose of the animal from Vintage Sphynx Cattery shall not be refundable under any circumstances. Animal replacement is possible if the Buyer complies with pp.: 9, 10, 11, 12.
17) All payments associated with the transfer of money, delivery of animals from the cattery to the house of the Buyer, acquisition of the container for transportation, issuing documents, etc., shall be paid by the Buyer additionally. In case of the animal replacement (in case of dispute situation), the costs related to the animal return and obtaining a new animal shall be paid by the Buyer.
The delivery price shall always be paid by the Buyer.
18) Terms of transfer of rights for the breeding purpose of the animal:
These terms are due to high breeding value of the above-mentioned animal.
The contract of transfer of rights for the breeding purpose of the animal from Vintage Sphynx Cattery is combined and includes terms and conditions of the animal purchase and sale contract, governed by Chapter 30 of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation, and terms and conditions of the contract for the transfer of exclusive right to use the breeding animal which, in accordance with Article 6 of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation (the application of civil legislation by analogy) is governed by Article 7 of the Federal Law “On Livestock Breeding”, according to which the use of breeding products (material) as the object of exclusive rights (intellectual property) is permitted in the manner prescribed by law.
The Buyer acquires the rights for the breeding purpose of the animal from Vintage Sphynx Cattery with limitations set forth by the contract terms (pp. 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24). Upon completion of the breeding and after provision of photos of castration/sterilization in Vintage Sphynx Cattery to e-mail: , the animal is transferred to full ownership of the Buyer, and this contract both in terms of transfer of rights for the breeding purpose and in terms of purchase and sale ceases to exist. Transfer of rights for the breeding purpose of the animal from Vintage Sphynx Cattery is not intended for the purpose of commercial gain on the part of the Breeder. The purpose of the transfer of rights for the breeding purpose is further breeding of the above animal in the cattery of the Buyer.
Violation of any of limitations stipulated by the terms hereof, shall violate the rights of the Breeder and causes harm to Vintage Sphynx Cattery.
19) The animal will carry the name of Vintage Sphynx Cattery throughout lifetime, which should be reflected in any documents and registrations. When using a photo of the animal as any advertising, the complete animal nickname with the prefix of Vintage Sphynx Cattery shall be indicated. The Buyer shall post a photo of the animal with its full nickname with the prefix of Vintage Sphynx Cattery on its website not later than 30 days from the animal receipt.
20) This animal is transferred to the Buyer for breeding within a closed private cattery exclusively for personal use. The Buyer shall NOT to open the cat from Vintage Sphynx Cattery for public use and shall NOT provide copulation to other cats from third party catteries.
The Buyer agrees to use this cat for copulation only for cats belonging directly to him (acquired and belonging to the Buyer, or born in the Buyer’s cattery).
21) The Buyer will not sell kittens from the cat obtained in Vintage Sphynx Cattery to Russia, Ukraine and Belarus for breeding. Sale of castrates as pets is possible (castration/sterilization shall be done by the Buyer before the kitten transfer to a new buyer) to any region without restrictions.
23) The Buyer understands and agrees that the rights for the breeding purpose can not be transferred to a third party!!! The Buyer shall castrate/sterilize the producer obtained in Vintage Sphynx Cattery after completion of breeding.
Photo of castration shall be provided to e-mail:
24) In case of failure to perform any paragraph of the above conditions, the Buyer shall pay a fine of 2 prices for the rights for the breeding purpose to the head of Vintage Sphynx Cattery, not later than within one month from the date of violation of at least one of the conditions for the use of the breeding animal from Vintage Sphynx Cattery.
25) In case of failure to pay the fine, the above animal shall be returned to Vintage Sphynx Cattery on first demand. Shipping shall be paid by the Buyer.
26) Failure by the Buyer to perform any of the conditions hereof shall release the Breeder from all obligations.
27) Upon receipt of the breeding animal from Vintage Sphynx Cattery, the Buyer shall confirm that he understands, agrees and accepts all the conditions hereof.
* The Buyer is warned and shall fully agree with the fact that under the current rules of Vintage Sphynx Cattery and subject to the law “On Protection of Consumers' Rights” (approved by the Decree No. 55 of the Government of the Russian Federation dated January 19, 1998), the animals purchased cannot be changed and returned.