If you decide to purchase a kitten in our cattery,
please carefully read the terms of buying a kitten
1) The kitten shall be deemed reserved only after making a deposit of 50% of the cost of a kitten.
The deposit is non-refundable and is considered a compensation for upkeep of the kitten and lost opportunities for its sale.
2) It should be understood that the degree of hairlessness of sphynx depends on many factors. Sphynx is not a rubber cat, but only has the appearance of hairlessness. There are hair follicles in Sphynx cats. Hormones, climate and genetics play an important role in the animal hairlessness. Even if the Sphynx kitten is hairless during transfer, some pubescence may develop in the future. The Breeder can not guarantee that the Sphynx kitten will have no pubescence in the future.
3) The Breeder shall not be liable for the loss of the animal’s qualities through the fault of the Buyer or emergency situations (accident, consequences of serious illness, inappropriate upkeep, food, etc.). Quality assessment is made at the time of the animal transfer.
4) This kitten is from a FIV and FeLV free cattery. The breeder shall: upon request and at the expense of the Buyer, before sending the kitten to the house of the Buyer, invite experts from the laboratory to the house for assaying the kitten in terms of all infections the Buyer is concerned in. In case of positive tests for the deadly diseases – FIP, FIV, FELV, the Breeder shall return the sum of money paid to the Buyer for the right of brood use of the animal in full. Claims for positive tests for viruses, including Coronavirus shall not be considered if there is no clinical picture of the disease. Animals of Vintage Cattery are vaccinated with Nobivac Tricat Trio attenuated vaccine. Cats vaccinated with the attenuated vaccine produce mean titers of antibodies that are held at this level for at least 4 years (R.M. Gaskell, M. Bennett “Handbook of infectious diseases of cats and dogs”).
Analyses shall be ready within 7 working days before the date of the kitten departure from Vintage Cattery. If the Buyer has not exercised that right (p. 4), the claims on the kitten’s health in the future are not considered.
5) The Breeder shall not be responsible for any subsequently acquired viral, bacterial and other diseases. By getting an animal, the Buyer shall be aware of his actions, understand that he receives a living being, which may be subject to internal and external aggressive influences, accepts the fact that high-breed animals do not have a strong natural immunity and failure to comply with the regime of upkeep, quarantine, feeding, routine vaccination, medical veterinary care, etc. may cause harm to the health and life of the kitten; the responsibility for this shall be fully borne by the Buyer.
6) We prefer that you come for the kitten in person, so the Breeder shall not be responsible for the quality of cargo transportation or delivery of animals by a courier and consequences associated with transportation. Liability shall end at the time of transfer of the animal to an airline or a courier.
7) If the animal is sent by cargo and/or a courier, the Buyer shall take responsibility for costs thereof, due to stress and physiological characteristics of high-breed cats and shall take measures to eliminate them, if necessary, guided by the advices of the Breeder.
8) The Buyer in the presence of the Breeder (or video, if the animal can not be inspected personally) has examined the eyes, ears, mucous membranes of the mouth, anus, skin integument and tail, witnessed their normal condition, and is satisfied with the inspection. The Buyer acknowledges and confirms that the kitten at the time of transfer is visually clinically healthy. The Buyer has no claims to the Breeder for the kitten’s health at the time of receipt.
9) The breeder shall:
If a kitten is found to have a genetic disease incompatible with life, or a genetic disease that prevents the kitten from being used in a breeding program within 1 year from the date of receipt, by providing by the Buyer of a photo of the corpse, the autopsy report, the autopsy protocol recorded on a disk, and the corresponding veterinary documents (certificates are accepted only from competent specialists from leading clinics and laboratories officially recognized at the international level, agreed with the Breeder, the conclusion must be in English, in printed form), the license of the clinic (doctor), X-rays) confirming the diagnosis, replace the animal to another, of the same sex and quality. After receiving the Conclusion (in English, in printed form), a clinic's (doctor's) license confirming the diagnosis, the breeder shall replace the animal to another of the same sex and quality. The costs associated with research confirming the diagnosis, delivery of the animal in case of the animal replacement, shall be paid by the Buyer.
10) Kitten parents are tested and free of HCM.
The Breeder shall provide the guarantee for the animal replacement in case of a positive diagnosis of the animal for HCM at the age of 1 year. But only BEFORE the birth of the first kittens. The etiology of primary cardiomyopathies today is not fully understood. HCM disease in cats is complex, it may be caused by a number of factors: hereditary diseases, viral diseases, autoimmune mechanisms, biochemical disturbances and fodder deficit (e.g. of taurine) can be involved in the development of cardiomyopathy. In case HCM is found in kittens in the age of 1 year, the Buyer shall notify the Breeder and provide a second HCM test (tests only from the licensed cardiologists of the leading clinics with official recognition at the international level chosen as agreed with the Breeder shall be accepted). In case of confirmation of the diagnosis, the Buyer shall at his own expense castrate/sterilize the animal and get another animal of the same sex and quality as replacement. After receiving the Conclusion (in English, in printed form), a clinic's (doctor's) license confirming the diagnosis, the breeder shall replace the animal to another of the same sex and quality. The costs associated with research confirming the diagnosis, delivery of the animal in case of the animal replacement, shall be paid by the Buyer.
11) The Breeder provides the guarantee for reproduction:
- If upon reaching the reproductive age by the animal, it is found that it is not able to reproduce because of abnormalities genetically determined or acquired in utero, upon providing by the Buyer of the relevant veterinary documents (evidences only from the competent specialists of the leading clinics and laboratories with official recognition at the international level chosen as agreed with the Breeder shall be accepted), confirming the diagnosis, after the operation of sterilization/castration at the expense of the Buyer, replace a handicapped animal to another of the same sex and quality.
12) Inability of the animal to reproduce shall be established by a reproductologist in the Reproduction Center (evidences only from the competent specialists of the leading clinics and laboratories with official recognition at the international level chosen as agreed with the Breeder shall be accepted).
The examination for reproduction shall include:
- Inspection and conclusion of a reproductologist;
- Cytological analysis of vaginal discharge;
- Ultrasonic examination of the genitourinary system;
- Tests for the presence of chronic viral infections (viral immunodeficiency, viral leukemia, infectious peritonitis, ureaplasmosis, clamidiosis, mycoplasmosis, toxoplasmosis, campylobacteriosis);
- Spermogram for male.
After receiving the Conclusion (in English, in printed form), a clinic's (doctor's) license confirming the diagnosis, the breeder shall replace the animal to another of the same sex and quality. The costs associated with research confirming the diagnosis, delivery of the animal in case of the animal replacement, shall be paid by the Buyer.
13) The Buyer shall:
- keep the animal in quarantine for 14 days in a separate room and make sure that the kitten is not in contact with other animals, if the Buyer has such
The Buyer understands and agrees that cats can be carriers of viruses of feline calicivirus, rhinotracheitis (herpes), coronavirus, clamidiosis, mycoplasmosis, etc. Sphynx cats are breeded by fixed mutation that causes lack of hair, so the breed has no strong natural immunity. The animal may experience stress from relocation, change of habitat, which leads to a reduced immunity.
The Buyer agrees to make no claims on the animal health to the Breeder and provide assistance to the animal under the guidance of the Breeder, if necessary.
The Buyer understands and agrees that at the time of transfer the animal is clinically healthy, as evidenced by a certificate of health, as well as a certificate form No. 1 issued by a state veterinarian
The Buyer understands and agrees that the Breeder is interested in participation of the animal in breeding in the Buyer’s cattery, and the Buyer during the inspection (or video) of the animal, as well as on the basis of a certificate of health, has made sure and agrees that Breeder has taken all necessary actions to preserve the animal health in Vintage Cattery.
The Buyer agrees that the Breeder’s responsibility for the animal health ends at the time of the animal transfer to the Buyer, a courier or an air carrier (cargo), and the claims of the Buyer for animal health can not be accepted since that time, including in case of the animal’s disease in the quarantine period.
14) In case of any questions, ask the Breeder for clarification and follow its recommendations;
- In case of any problems with the animal, which subsequently could lead to a dispute between the parties, notify the Breeder in the first place.
Upon request of the Breeder, the Buyer shall provide videos of the animal, and video support (for identification of the animal) in clinics in case of repeated examinations, if the Breeder can not attend the examination personally;
- Never use unverified information from incompetent sources (Internet, other breeders of this breed, or people who consider themselves as such, and so on) for the provision of veterinary care, or selection of the program on upkeep and/or feeding of a particular animal. This information will be provided in full by the Breeder upon request of the Buyer.
If the Buyer fails to comply with the Breeder’s recommendations, the latter shall not be liable for the the harm caused to the animal.
15) The buyer shall have the right to return the animal of the Breeder at any time upon receipt with the preliminary agreement of the fact and the return period, but without receiving the money previously paid for the transfer of the rights of breeding use and without compensation for its maintenance and delivery.
16) Payment for the purchased animal from Vintage Сattery is non-refundable under any circumstances. Animal replacement is possible if the Buyer complies with pp.: 9, 10, 11, 12.
17) The buyer shall make all payments related to the transfer of funds, to the delivery of animals from the Vintage Cattery to the buyer's house, and from the buyer's house to Vintage Cattery (in case of return of the kitten), purchase of a container for transportation, paperwork and other necessary items, additionally. Including, when replacing the animal (in case of a disputable situation), the costs associated with conducting research, returning the animal and receiving a new animal, shall be paid by the buyer. Shipping costs shall always be paid by the buyer.
18) Terms of transfer of rights for the breeding purpose of the animal:
These terms are due to high breeding value of the above-mentioned animal.
The contract of transfer of rights for the breeding purpose of the animal from Vintage Cattery is combined and includes terms and conditions of the animal purchase and sale contract, governed by Chapter 30 of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation, and terms and conditions of the contract for the transfer of exclusive right to use the breeding animal which, in accordance with Article 6 of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation (the application of civil legislation by analogy) is governed by Article 7 of the Federal Law “On Livestock Breeding”, according to which the use of breeding products (material) as the object of exclusive rights (intellectual property) is permitted in the manner prescribed by law.
The Buyer acquires the rights for the breeding purpose of the animal from Vintage Cattery with limitations set forth by the contract terms (pp. 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24). Upon completion of the breeding and after provision of photos of castration/sterilization in Vintage Cattery to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, the animal is transferred to full ownership of the Buyer, and this contract both in terms of transfer of rights for the breeding purpose and in terms of purchase and sale ceases to exist. Transfer of rights for the breeding purpose of the animal from Vintage Cattery is not intended for the purpose of commercial gain on the part of the Breeder. The purpose of the transfer of rights for the breeding purpose is further breeding of the above animal in the cattery of the Buyer.
Violation of any of limitations stipulated by the terms hereof, shall violate the rights of the Breeder and causes harm to Vintage Cattery.
19) The animal will carry the name of Vintage Cattery throughout lifetime, which should be reflected in any documents and registrations. When using a photo of the animal as any advertising, the complete animal nickname with the prefix of Vintage shall be indicated. The Buyer shall post a picture of the animal with its full nickname with the prefix of Vintage on its website (if the Buyer has a website). or on any social network (e.g. Facebook, Instagram) not later than 30 days from the animal receipt.
20) This animal is transferred to the Buyer for breeding within a closed private cattery exclusively for personal use. The Buyer shall NOT to open the cat from Vintage Cattery for public use and shall NOT provide copulation to other cats from third party catteries.
The Buyer agrees to use this cat for copulation only for cats belonging directly to him (acquired and belonging to the Buyer, or born in the Buyer’s cattery).
21) The Buyer will not sell kittens from the cat obtained in Vintage Cattery to Russia, Ukraine and Belarus for breeding. Sale of castrates as pets is possible (castration/sterilization shall be done by the Buyer before the kitten transfer to a new buyer) to any region without restrictions.
22) The Buyer understands and agrees that the rights for the breeding purpose can not be transferred to a third party!!! The Buyer shall castrate/sterilize the producer obtained in Vintage Cattery after completion of breeding.
Photo of castration shall be provided to e-mail: email@example.com
23) In case of non-fulfillment of any clause of the above conditions, the Buyer shall pay a penalty in the amount of 2 prices for the right of breeding use of the animal to Sidyakova Lidiya, the head of Vintage Cattery, no later than within one month from the date of detection of the violation of at least 1 of the conditions for the use of breeding the animal from Vintage Cattery.
24) If it is impossible to pay the penalty, the above animal shall be returned to Vintage Cattery upon request. Delivery shall be paid by the buyer.
25) Failure by the buyer to fulfill any of the terms of this agreement shall release the Breeder from all obligations.
26) Having received a breeding animal from Vintage Cattery, the buyer confirms that he/she understands, agrees and accepts all the terms of this Offer Agreement.
27) In the event of a confrontation, public scandal or defamation of the reputation of Sidyakova Lidiya and Vintage Cattery, including the transfer of information to third parties, the Breeder releases itself from all obligations, including replacement and any kind of compensation.
* The buyer is warned and fully agrees that according to the existing rules of Vintage Cattery and in accordance with the Law on the Protection of the Rights of Consumers of Marine Flora and Fauna (APPROVED by Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation dated January 19, 1998 No. 55), the purchased animals shall not be exchanged and non-refundable.
** At the request of the breeder, the buyer shall provide a video recording of the animal. And video service (for animal identification) in clinics during research (including repeated),
if the Breeder cannot be present during the research in person.
Please note, Vintage Cattery is a family-owned cattery.
Besides me, Lydia, my son Antonio, and my sister Bugrova Lana work in our cattery.